Saturday, July 14, 2012

DIY Towel Hook

My kid's have zero counter space in their bathroom.

So I made these.




They grab their own cup when it's time to brush their teeth, then put it back then they are done.
Keeps the counters clean except for toothpaste smears.

Then I made these for my bathroom for just under $5.00.




So Here's How I did it:

Supplies:


Drill
Hammer and Nail
Pre-finished Pine Board (the will cut it to the length you need at Home Depot)
Plumbers SS Clamps 3"x 4"
Picture Hangers
Screws (they must be short screws, or you will drill through the board)
       at Home Depot I got a package of #4 1/2" and one of #8 1/2"
Masking Tape
Pencil
Towel Hook

First measure and mark where you want everything on your board.


Next I used the drill to unscrew my clamps. You can do it by hand, but it takes forever!






This is tricky. So be warned.
I used a nail to drive a wedge between the slots of the clamp.
If you don't do this, you will not be able to get your screw through.


Screw the clamp to the board. And refasten the clamp back together using your drill.


Screw your hooks down.


This is my best DIY tip. I hate to measure with a ruler, so I use masking tape to ensure my sides are equal.


I lay down the tape. Mark where I need the to screw.Then I flip the tape over, and move it to the other side and mark it.


Voila!


Hang.

Add your cups, towels, and toothbrushes and your done!

For the kids bathroom I used the same technique but I used wood glue to add their initials to the top.






The DIY DreamerI Heart Nap Time



White Lights on Wednesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment