Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Goat Cheese

In all of my 27 years of life…I don't think I've ever tasted goat cheese.

It is fabulous!

It's creamy, and mild, and amazing.

One of my best friends made this delicious salad with goat cheese, candied nuts, beets, and balsamic dressing….I died.

I had to try it.

To Costco I went (cause cheese is like 1/4 of the price there) to purchase goat cheese.

Then I made this.



I died, it was so good. (not literally of course…)


Basil from my garden, fresh strawberries, goat cheese, and balsamic vinegar on toasted french bread made this the perfect appetizer!


I added about 1 TBS of sugar to 1 cup of strawberries and let them "juice" for about 20 min.


Spread the cheese, toss on the strawberries, basil, dabble olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a dash a pepper. YUM!

Then I made this for dinner.



Goat Cheese and Shrimp Pasta

12 oz whole wheat pasta
1/3 cup fresh basil
1/4 cup goat cheese
3 cups shrimp
1 TBS chopped garlic
1 TBS olive oil
1 TBS Chicken Bouillon



Cook your pasta until al dente (it's always better a bit chewy).
Heat a saute pan on medium heat. Add shrimp, garlic, and oil to the pan until shrimp are completely cooked through.
Next add the goat cheese, basil, and bouillon.
Stir just until creamy then toss with pasta.

This was super yummy, and a really light way to enjoy a creamy pasta!

Who knew I was going to become a goat cheese addict.
But I totally am!


Home is where the heart is. - Link it up! - Wednesdays - HomesteadSimple.com

No comments:

Post a Comment