Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Frugal Fashion

I love fashion. I really do.

I just don't want to spend a fortune while showing my appreciation for it.



So on the rare occasions I get to go clothes shopping, I'm always trying to make my dollar stretch.
Enter….my frugal stores.

~Ross
~Target
~Forever 21
~Marshall's
~Wal-Mart (no lie)
~E-bay

As long as you have the time to search for a good deal, I promise you'll find something at one of these places.

I have found that Ross is much less expensive than Marshall's, but Marshall's has many cuter clothes.
Make sure you're shopping the clearance at Target. I've found $2.00 shoes, and $4.00 dresses before.

And I never buy anything at F21 unless it's on clearance. Their clothes tend to fall apart quickly, so I refuse to spend over $20.00 on any one item there.

I'm always surprised to find cute things at Wal-Mart. I have extremely small feet (size 3) so I can always find cute kids boots for my tiny feet on the cheap!

Online shopping is one of my favorite things to do. But it's the most risky. You can't try an item on before you purchase it. So you need to be confident of your sizing.

Here's an example of something I've been eyeing for a while now, but I'm nervous to commit to buy it. There are so many of really cute things from Korea for SO cheap. But be warned…they are made for tiny people. If you are tall, don't even attempt to purchase anything shipping from Asia.

Here's 3 outfits I've gotten on the cheap. And I'll tell you how.


Dress: Ross $7
Belt: Gordman's came with another dress
Shoes: Sorry, no pic Free from my mom
Earrings: So old, but I'm sure they were cheap
~So I'm guessing this entire outfit cost me around $10 total~


And here's a tip when wearing strapless dresses. 
If you are going for a "sexier" look, wear your hair up to show off your shoulders and back.
It made for a fun date night look.


 Dress: Ross $9.00
Belt: F21 $3.50
Shoes: Target, so old, but clearance
Earrings: Claire's, so old

Give those belts a knot to add to your dress.


~I would have added a higher heel to this outfit for a dressier look.~


Cotton Tee- Wal-Mart $3
White Shorts- Wal-Mart $9
Belt- F21 $3.50
Shoes- Hand-Me-Downs from my sister in law (awesome, right?)
Necklace- ClipClipHooray

Not bad right?
So take your time and shop those clearance racks!
And never be afraid to take somebody's old stuff! I'm never shy to ask either.
You never know what your friends have in their closets that they don't wear anymore.
Happy hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment