Thursday, October 18, 2012

Twine Wrapped Bottle

This is my second installment of my MOPS craft series.

I had given a little talk about frugal living and I thought there was no better craft than giving new life to an old thing!

Enter….the twine (or for MOPS, yarn) wrapped bottles.



I had each mom bring her own jar or bottle (I used a salsa jar) to wrap and I provided the following:

Hot Glue Gun
Rubber Cement
Yarn (or twine)
Flowers




Start by putting a strip of hot glue on the bottom ring. You want to make sure it sticks well.


Then use the rubber cement to wrap the rest of the bottle.
It's less expensive and it won't burn your fingers!


I then used hot glue on the top of the jar to ensure it wasn't going to unravel.


Glue some grass or moss around the top of the ring and then fill with seasonal flowers.
I love this because it can be changed out for each season.

Right now I'm loving it filled will bright colored poppies.




No comments:

Post a Comment