Monday, December 12, 2011

What I Love About...Coffee Cup Cozy DIY


So this Monday I was feeling a little crafty and was not in the mood to make another hair clip!

So here's what I love about a DIY coffee cozy/sleeve!


It was so easy I thought I'd share how I did it.


Step 1: Trace the pattern of a coffee sleeve from onto a sheet of felt and cut out two separate pieces.


Step 2: Place the two pieces on top of each other and thread together. I used embroidery floss because it's a bit thicker and easier to see than thread.



Using this sort of threading pattern made it easy to pull the two pieces of felt together to give it a little "fluff". Just pull on the thread as you are stitching to pull it together.

Step 3: Tie a knot at in the corner to secure the two strands together.



Step 4: Trim off any part of the felt that doesn't match up perfectly.



Step 5: Cut out a tiny circle and a tiny rectangle in a different color and sew a button to the circle felt.


I use a tiny spool of thread to give me a perfect circle pattern.


Step 6: Hot glue a 1.5 in piece of elastic to the rectangle and glue to the inside of the cozy.




And you're done!



I just love these!

These are going to make a great teacher gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment